Thursday, April 21, 2011

BS - Just eat it.

Catchy title, huh?

I try not to be irrational with my pickiness when it comes to food.  Every few years I will try a piece of ham and I will try cherries.  I always regret doing this and end up looking like a dog trying to lick peanut butter off its jowls, but every once in a while my food tastes change.  I have rediscovered so many things over the years that I had never liked before.  I hated brussels sprouts as a kid.  In fact, I thought I hated them until last year.  What gives?  Do you feel like you're a hater?  Try this recipe out. 

Shredded Brussels Sprouts (Serves 2-3)
~15 brussels sprouts - cored and chopped
A small handful of crumbled bacon- optional
garlic, chopped to taste
2 green onions, chopped
Cajun seasoning, to taste (about 1/4 tsp?)
About 2T olive oil

Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add all ingredients and saute for about 15 minutes.  Bam.

I served this over a gigantic swiss chard leaf from the garden and some beef.

Have you ever made a pot roast with red wine? Well, let me tell you that if you make it with Guinness instead, it will rock your socks.  Here's the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/beef-and-guinness-stew-recipe2/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment